How is Site Health Score calculated in the Site Audit tool?Question
The Site Health Score in your Site Audit campaign is based on the number of your total errors and total warnings that were found on the pages crawled on your site. Errors have more impact on your Site Health Score than warnings, so it is recommended that you address errors first if you can.
Site Audit has over 130 checks — types of issues the tool checks for. The type of check found on the site, the number of unique checks found on the site, and the number of issues fixed for one check matter. Fixing all issues related to the same check (for example, all Broken links fixed) will have an effect on the overall health of your site higher than fixing two errors from two different types of checks (for example, Duplicate content issues and Broken links).
Your Site Audit will also provide a list of notices.
As far as notices go, you will still want to fix these issues as they still impact your SEO, but remember:
errors will have more weight on your Site Health Score compared to warnings and notices. Make sure you are addressing any major issues your site may have (errors) so that you can ensure you are making the best efforts to help lower your overall score.
If you exclude any check from your audit, the problem will no longer appear in your report, and we will no longer check for these issues in future crawls. At the same time, the audit will no longer take into account any of the instances of excluded checks when calculating your Site Health in the future crawls.
You can track the total number of errors, warnings, notices, or specific issues that Site Audit finds on your site over time with the Compare Crawls and Progress reports in the tool.
What the Site Health score DOES NOT depend on
The Site Health Score doesn’t depend on the number of pages crawled on the site, since the frequency of each error’s occurrence is what accounts for the score. However, the larger the site, the more attention you should pay to issues relevant to large sites, such as internal linking and site structure.
Other factors on Site Health Score
Because of the way our bot navigates a website through hyperlinks from the main page, each crawl can find new issues on the same site. Therefore, we recommend that you crawl a website in its entirety (as long as you have the crawl budget). At the same time, you can also set your audit’s crawl source as Sitemap or a file of URLs.
There may be times when a crawl finds a new issue (pages with slow loading speed, for example) that has a strong overall effect on your score at the same time that you cleaned up some of the other less significant ones (such as fixing URLs that are too long). In such a case, your site’s total number of issues could go down but your score would also go down.
For the full list of issues that Site Audit checks for, read this FAQ: What Issues Can Site Audit Identify?
- What Issues Can Site Audit Identify?
- How many pages can I crawl in a Site Audit?
- Quanto tempo leva um rastreamento de um site? Parece que minha auditoria travou
- How do I audit a subdomain?
- Can I change automatic Audit re-run schedule or stop it completely?
- Can I set up a custom re-crawl schedule?
- How is Site Health Score calculated in the Site Audit tool?
- How Does Site Audit Select Pages to Analyze for Core Web Vitals?
- How do you collect data to measure Core Web Vitals in Site Audit?
- Why is there a difference between GSC and Semrush Core Web Vitals data?
- Why are only a few of my website’s pages being crawled?
- Por que as páginas ativas do meu site aparecem como quebradas
- Why can’t I find URLs from the Audit report on my website?
- Why does Semrush say I have duplicate content?
- Why does Semrush say I have an incorrect certificate?
- What are unoptimized anchors and how does Site Audit identify them?
- What do the Structured Data Markup Items in Site Audit Mean?
- Configuring Site Audit
- Solução de problemas de auditoria de site
- Site Audit Overview Report
- Site Audit Thematic Reports
- Reviewing Your Site Audit Issues
- Site Audit Crawled Pages Report
- Site Audit Statistics
- Compare Crawls and Progress
- Exporting Site Audit Results
- Como otimizar a velocidade de rastreamento de Auditoria do site
- Como integrar Zapier à Auditoria do Site
- Using Semrush to Find Areas for Improvement on Your Website
- Optimizing Page Title and Meta Description via Semrush