The PPC Keyword Tool offers an easy way to plan and set up an optimized Google Ads campaign. With this tool, users can organize keywords at the campaign and ad group level, quickly set negative keywords and export the campaign plan to seamlessly import into Google Ads Editor.
- Automatic cross-group negative keyword generator
- Easy to set up single-keyword ad groups
- Search volume and CPC data based on targeted location (specific to city level)
- Ability to refresh keyword metrics on-demand
- Download and upload your campaign file to Google Ads Editor
- Auto-grouping feature to create ad groups with a single click
Read more about PPC Keyword Tool:
- Configuring the PPC Keyword Tool
- Adding Keywords and Ad Groups to PPC Keyword Tool
- PPC Keyword Tool Recommendations
Why should you use this tool?
Some of the most common mistakes PPC marketers make include bidding on keywords that are too competitive, failing to add negative keywords to a campaign, or being too broad with targeting. With the stress of managing multiple campaigns at once, it’s hard to be perfect with every campaign.
This tool makes it easy to stay organized and ensure your campaign is budget-friendly. Everything you plan in SEMrush can be exported and uploaded seamlessly into your Google Ads account. Similarly, you can import an existing Google Ads campaign to re-structure your campaign in the same place.
After using the PPC Keyword Tool to structure your campaign, you can use the Ad Builder to research the competition and write ad copy, and finally, upload your keyword list back into Google Ads to implement your changes.
Deleting PPC Keyword Tool
When you want to delete a specific tool, you will have to delete the whole project. This will remove all of the other campaigns set up in the Project.
So let’s say you want to delete a PPC Keyword Tool campaign. When you delete the Project you will also be deleting the Position Tracking campaign, Site Audit, Organic Traffic Insights or any other tools that are also in that project.
Projects cannot be recovered once they are deleted so it's important to be careful when deleting a project. Only delete a project if you are 100 percent sure because all of your data will be gone forever.
The limits on this tool affect the number of keywords you can export with CPC and volume data and access to the update metrics feature. All subscription levels can export as many keywords as needed, but the number of keywords you can export rows with CPC and volume numbers is limited.
Currently, the export limits are:
- Pro Level - 500 Keywords with CPC and volume data
- Guru Level - 1,500 Keywords with CPC and volume data
- Business Level - 6,000 Keyword with CPC and volume data
The update metrics feature is also only available with a Guru or Business level subscription.